WHY THIS COURSE
Provide the student with the knowledge, understanding, skills and experience to become a Financial Accountant. This will aid individual development and enhance the employment prospects of the student, as well as aiding social transformation through the formal acknowledgement of competencies, skills, and knowledge.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
On completion of this qualification students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competence in all areas of Financial Accounting.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of, and competence in all areas of Cost and Management Accounting.
3. Understand and apply tax regulations in the field of personal and business taxation.
4. Demonstrate a sound understanding of the nature of law and an appreciation of the role of law within which an accountant operates.
5. Acquire knowledge of and demonstrate competence in all areas of financial management.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of Internal and External Auditing processes.
7. Acquire an understanding of Information Systems in business.
8. Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the key marketing and management theories, concepts and techniques operating within business organizations.
9. Understand and applies sound Accounting theory and practice.
10. Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Management Accounting Control systems.
11. Acquire an understanding of Financial Accounting in respect of the Regulatory Framework.
12. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of corporate strategy.