WHY THIS COURSE
A qualifying student will be able to communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information technology, understanding the role of technology in a business context and to be able to address business problems with appropriate information technology solutions. Students will be able to apply the principles of creating computer software by carrying out, under limited supervision, a task of reasonable size to demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge, techniques & skills needed in one or more area of majoring/specialization that the qualification offers.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
Corporate and Government in the IT Sector (developing software mostly)
IT Systems Developer
On completion of this qualification students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information systems.
- Understand the role of technology in the business context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem-solving techniques, and how to apply them in a systems development environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Systems Development, with all its implications.
- Relate business problems and information technology solutions.
- Apply the principles of creating computer software.