WHY THIS COURSE
The qualification will enhance the ability of the qualifying student as a public finance official to perform the necessary administration tasks expected as well as improve management abilities. In this way, the qualification enhances transferability of skills within different spheres of the public sector. At the same time, a student will gain a firm foundation required for furthering studies at NQF levels 6 and 7. This qualification enables transferability of skills between the private and public sector.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
On completion of this qualification students will be able to:
- Use appropriate numerical skills to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal life.
- Use numerical skills to plan and control personal and/or household budgets.
- Use numerical skills to complete personal tax forms.
- Use appropriate numerical skills to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of work life.
- Use numerical to define changes in various financial situations (Interest, inflation, depreciation).
- Use numerical skills to investigate aspects of financial transactions (Calculating cost & selling price, profit and/or loss).
- Use appropriate skills, conventions, and structures to communicate effectively and clearly in the workplace.
- Demonstrate oral communication in a specific context.
- Use appropriate skills conventions and structures to communicate effectively at meetings.