WHY THIS COURSE
This qualification has been developed for the hotel industry. It brings together all aspects of housekeeping and basic supervision. This qualification will professionalize the industry and is applicable to all sectors, from small bed and breakfasts to large-scale hotels. The qualification leads to the accommodation services diploma and provides articulation with Gaming, Travel, and other Tourism industries.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
On completion of this qualification students will be able to:
1. Prepare beds and handle linen and bed coverings.
2. Service toilets and bathroom areas.
3. Service guest bedroom areas.
4. Clean floors and floor coverings.
5. Handle and store cleaning equipment and materials.
6. Handle and dispose of waste.
7. Maintain the housekeeping service.
8. Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
9. Describe the Sectors of the Hospitality, travel & Tourism Industries.
10. Conduct on-the-job coaching.
11. Develop self within the job role.
12. Source information about self-employment opportunities.
13. Maintain customer satisfaction.
14. Maintain the receipt, storage, and issue of goods.
15. Contribute to the identification of short-term supply needs.
16. Maintain the cleaning programmed for own area of responsibility.
17. Induct new staff to the workplace.
18. Plan, organize & monitor work in own area of responsibility.