WHY THIS COURSE
Provide the student with the knowledge, understanding, skills and experience to become a Bookkeeper. This will aid individual development and enhance the employment prospects of the student, as well as social transformation through the formal acknowledgement of competencies, skills, and knowledge. Equip students with a Qualification that can be used in the field of Accounting. Successful completion of this qualification will give the student the knowledge and skills required not only to perform his/her Accounting job efficiently, but also to proceed on a path of life-long learning with Qualifications at a higher level.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Debtors and Creditors Junior Bookkeeper
On completion of this qualification students will be able to:
1. Finalise and interpret accounts.
2. Interpret and draft financial statements.
3. Maintain financial records and prepare general ledger accounts.
4. Calculate and record Value Added Tax transactions and complete VAT returns.
5. Establish, maintain, and use a computerized bookkeeping system.