WHY THIS COURSE
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a student to carry out basic assessments of communities, households groups and individuals, to provide basic health education and referrals for a wide range of services, to support and assist in navigating the health and social services system.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
Health improvement practitioner
Health protection practitioner
Public health nutritionist
Smoking cessation advisor
Substance misuse worker
Teenage pregnancy coordinator
On completion of this qualification students will be able to:
- Conduct assessment of the social, physical, and economic dynamics in communities.
- Conduct household assessments and identify those at risk of health-related issues. (Including impairments in health status).
- Provide information, education, and support for healthy behaviors and appropriate home care.
- Provide psychosocial support.
- Identify and manage minor health problems