WHY THIS COURSE
This Qualification is designed to equip the student with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values to be appointed as Financial Accounting Technicians who have an important role to play, either as support staff to the Accountant, where they provide Accounting and Financial Management support in the field of Accounting and Financial Management in medium to large organisations or by assuming the role of an Accountant in a smaller organisation, where an outsourced registered Chartered Accountant provides the service of supervision and monitoring.
The National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting: Level 5 is for individuals who, for whatever reason, are unable to continue or do not wish to continue with their studies to become Registered Chartered Accountants. Financial Accounting Technicians are in very short supply, as all organisations need to be provided with the type of work they do. In most cases, the Financial Accounting Technician can provide a full Accounting service to a small organisation, under supervision of an off-site Chartered Accountant.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
Reporting Financial Accountant
Junior Financial Accountant
On completion of this qualification students will be able to:
1. Process documents relating to goods and services supplied and received.
2. Maintain records relating to capital acquisition and disposal.
3. Input, store and output data.
4. Provide costing reports.
5. Highlight trends in costs and make suggestions for the reduction of costs and adding value to the organization.
6. Prepare cost estimates for work activities and projects.
7. Contribute to the planning and conducting of an audit.
8. Classify and record Accounting and non-financial data.
9. Take responsibility for the management of cash and credit.
10. Perform tax computations, prepare returns for business and individuals and submit all required tax returns.