WHY THIS COURSE
The Certificate in Small Business Financial Management is specifically designed for those students who are already, or those who wish to become, owner-managers or those who are responsible for the keeping of the financial records, of a small business.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
Credit Analyst in the Banking Sector
Commercial Finance Business Partner
Business Information Coordinator
On completion of this qualification students will be able to:
- Record business transactions produce quotations and invoices and prepare reconciliation statements as per organizational requirements and recognized bookkeeping practice.
- Calculate Value Added Tax and prepare returns as required by legislation.
- Calculate gross pay, statutory deductions and prepare IRP 5s as required by legislation.
- Prepare and interpret final accounts as per organizational requirements.
- Calculate the cost of a product and distinguish between fixed and variable costs, carry out break-even analysis and calculate the selling price of a product.
- Calculate working capital for an organization.
- Prepare a business plan and a budget for a small business.
- Communicate effectively in the workplace.