WHY THIS COURSE
This qualification will prepare students to function independently on water or wastewater treatment works. A person acquiring this qualification will be able to operate and control specific processes at a water or wastewater treatment works within the context of legislation and work policies and procedures. This qualification is aimed at people who are expected to make decisions relating to the amount of chemicals dosed, volumes of water treated and pumped.
Qualification Entry Requirements
(ABET and a lower qualification may be considered)
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
Facilitator for Water and Wastewater Process Controller
Senior Resident Engineer for Wastewater Treatment works
Water waste System Manager
Operations and Maintenance divisional manager
Modules Per Trimester/Semester
1. Compare water and wastewater works performance with legislative and workplace requirements at an operational level.
2. Range: Works performance includes but is not limited to the quality and quantity of effluent, quality, and quantity of sludge.
3. Interpret and apply legislation relevant to the operation of water and wastewater treatment works. The Qualification will provide the learner with the knowledge and skills to work in a water and wastewater reticulation services department. The competencies developed through this qualification will enable the learner to attend to the maintenance, operation and construction of water and wastewater reticulation systems. The core and elective sections of this qualification accommodates for learners to specialize in water and/or wastewater reticulation services.
4. Apply communication and leadership skills at the working environment.
5. Demonstrate of administration required on a wastewater treatment works.
6. Use the System International (SI) and appropriate formulae to perform calculations needed to operate water or wastewater treatment plant.