WHY THIS COURSE
This qualification provides students with a comprehensive base of portable skills that will enable them to progress within all spheres of the horticultural industry.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
Home Maintenance Landscaper
Compost Plant Manager
Modules Per Trimester/Semester
1. Distinguish the various internal structures of ornamental plants.
2. Identify and correct nutrient deficiencies in ornamental plants.
3. Identify and control the pests that commonly occur in the landscape environment.
4. Perform the mowing and de-thatching of sports turf or landscaped grass areas.
5. Utilize the various pruning practices to encourage the flowering of ornamental plants.