WHY THIS COURSE
This qualification will form the basis for students to extend their learning into more specialized areas of animal production and provides the basis of the establishment of sustainable farming operations through the inclusion of a wide spectrum of competencies required by farmers in South Africa.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Technical Skills at NQF Level 3
Numeracy, Literacy and Communication at NQF Level 2
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
Deputy Director Primary Animal Health
Animal Production Manager
Assistant Kettle Manager
On completion of this qualification students will be able to:
1. Apply communication skills in an agricultural environment.
2. Apply mathematical calculations within the agricultural environment.
3. Manage stores and agro-inputs in stores.
4. Implement quality control aspects of an agribusiness.
5. Implement a management system related to food safety, production practices, as well as demonstrate environmental and social awareness within the agricultural supply chain.
6. Apply principles to design, prepare and implement basic operational procedures for the maintenance and storage of equipment, implements and infrastructure.
7. Evaluate and manage animals according to specific criteria related to anatomical and physiological systems.
8. Describe the scientific and technical principles of animal nutrition, feed, technology and feeding management