WHY THIS COURSE
Business Management opens doors to a range of jobs in several sectors in our economy. Gain the basic skills you need to run a business (or business unit) successfully. Business and Management are the disciplines devoted to organizing, analyzing, and planning various types of business operations. This Diploma teaches the fundamental skills that are required to efficiently run or manage a business.
Each person that will successfully achieve this programme will be enable to:
- Assisting in a carvery and buffet service, operating a PC and handle
- and maintain knifes.
- Basic food preparation skills such as cooking pasta, fish, meat and eggs
- are also covered.
- Safety and security in the working environment are developed, as well
- as telephone skills, maintaining personal and kitchen hygiene and
- internal relationships within the organization.
- Developing oneself to view this programme as an entry point to a
- further career in hospitality
- Learners do not require any prior learning, but a minimum of NQF level 2 literacy and numeracy are recommended. This skills programme is an entry level programme into hospitality.
At the End of This Course You Will Be Able To:
- Provide customer service.
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Maintain effective relationships with other members of staff.
- Describe the layout, services and facilities of the organisation.
- Maintain as safe and secure working environment.
- Maintain health, hygiene and a professional appearance.
- Develop self within the job role.
- Maintain hygiene in food preparation, cooking and storage areas.
- Handle and maintain knifes.
- Prepare and cook basic meat, poultry, game or offal dishes.
- Prepare and cook basic fish, pasta and fruit dishes.