WHY THIS COURSE
This qualification has been developed for the fast food and restaurant industry. It brings together elements of food and drink preparation, service, and supervision. This qualification will professionalize the industry and is applicable mainly to the fast food and restaurant sector but would be transferable to another hospitality environment. The qualification provides articulation with Gaming, Travel, and other Tourism industries.
Qualification Entry Requirements
Prospective students are encouraged to further confirm the above entry requirements with the College Head before ruling themselves not compliant. Experimental learning may also be considered.
On completion of this qualification students will be able to:
- Operate a computer.
- Deal with customers.
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Display Cultural Awareness in dealing with Customers & Colleagues.
- Communicate verbally.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff.
- Maintain health hygiene and professional appearance.
- Perform basic calculations.
- Prepare written communications.
- Maintain hygiene in food preparation, cooking, and storage.
- Accept and store food deliveries.
- Prepare and clear areas for counter service.
- Prepare and clear areas for take – away service.
- Provide a counter service.
- Provide a takeaway service.
- Describe layout, services and facilities of the organization.
- Maintain secure working environment.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Describe the Sectors of the Hospitality, Travel & Tourism Industries.
- Conduct on-job coaching.
- Operate a payment point and process payments.